Business Licenses & Permits

Business Licenses

Douglas County does not issue business licenses, but a Fictitious Firm Name or other documents may be required. Please download a Fictitious Firm Name Business Instruction packet from the Clerk-Treasurer's website.

Business Licenses - State of Nevada

Learn about Nevada's requirement for state business licenses.

Development Permits

Go to the Community Development Applications & Fees section of our website to guide you to a variety of development related permits.

Health Permit-Food Establishments

Visit Carson City-Douglas county Public Health Regional Partnership for food related permits. 

For food truck permits complete the Traveling Merchant/Mobile Street Vendor application on the Douglas County Sheriff's Office forms/permits page.

Home Based Businesses

Permits are no longer required for home based businesses. However there are standards contained in Douglas County Code that require that home occupations not cause or create nuisances, limit the number of employees, and other provisions that limit the impact on neighborhoods.

The Douglas County Code is accessible online.  Title 20, Chapter 664, Section 085 is especially relevant to Home Occupations.  Email Code Enforcement if you have questions.

Liquor Licenses

Visit the Sheriff's Office Liquor License page to download application for an establishment or a temporary application.

Outdoor Festival Permits

Application forms are available and processed by the Clerk-Treasurer's Office.

Sign Permits

Learn what type of review and permit you need for a temporary or permanent sign.

Film Permits

Douglas County does not issue film permits, but other approvals may be required depending on the location of filming or type of production.  Learn more.