Lodge a VHR Complaint

CLICK HERE TO SEARCH A LIST OF PERMITTED VHRs WITH PROPERTY MANAGER CONTACT INFORMATION.  Please call the Property Manager (24 HR Emergency Contact) to allow them to deal with the issue on their VHR. 

IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY INVOLVING A VACATION HOME RENTAL (VHR), PLEASE CALL 9-1-1. If you have a complaint regarding noise or parking in the right of way, these are the jurisdiction of law enforcement. In these cases;
please contact Douglas County Sheriff's Office non-emergency line at 775-782-5126.  

***Starting March 26, 2021***
Douglas County VHR HOTLINE: (775) 783-6027
or Please send an email:
Please, if you can, provide video or photos of the issue for the incident records. 

All complaints will be logged and managed by Douglas County Code Enforcement personnel.   Please have the address of the property ready to provide the officer on duty.  

All TOT and tax reporting issues will be handled by HdL. 
You may fill out this COMPLAINT FORM for HDL and they will report to Code Enforcement staff for processing assistance. 

HdL will work diligently with Douglas County Code Enforcement to investigate and resolve complaints received. 

HdL Contact Information:

  • Email address: douglascountyTOT@hdlgov.com
  • Phone: (775) 238-4135
  • Available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – if a complaint is made after hours, HdL will initiate the investigation and take necessary action the following business day.