Community Resources due to COVID-19

Douglas County is actively working together as a community to provide services and information. This webpage acts as a resource hub of information for families, businesses, food, health care and many others. More information will continue to be added as it becomes available. 

Listed below are available resources in and around Douglas County: 

NV Health Response 
Prepare, don't panic.

To inform Nevadans statewide, the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHSS) and the Governor's Office created the website to better share information and resources as it pertains to the current status of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact within the state of Nevada. We encourage you to share this information with those you serve or with friends, neighbors, co-workers you think this website would help.

In an effort to reach as many people as possible, the Twitter account @NVHealthRespon1 was created to serve Nevadans and keep all the latest information in one central location. Please follow this account and check it regularly.


To file a complaint about a business that should not be open or about an essential business allowed to be open, but not adhering to the PPE or social distancing, please file a complaint here with the Nevada Office of Consumer Affairs under Department of Business and Industry. 

BUSINESSES: non-essential/essential business information

Most recent press release regarding Governor Sisolak's Directives for Non-Essential Businesses. 

For clarification per the Governor as of March 18, 2020: Please see the attached document from Nevada Health Response outlining the COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Initiative following Governor Sisolak's press conference March 17, 2020. NV Health Response PDF

In addition to the guidance provided in the attachment, the Nevada Department of Business and Industry provided guidance to the construction, mining, and manufacturing industries. Business & Industry Guidance PDF

As with all Initiative parameters related to the COVID-19 crisis, the Nevada Health Response Center and health authorities will revisit this guidance on a regular basis to evaluate the continued public health needs and whether any elements need to be changed.

Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce

Visit Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce website for more information on COVID-19 business resources (here) or for a list of restaurants available for take out or delivery (here).

Tahoe Chamber
Visit the Tahoe Chamber website to view their COVID-19 Business Resource Hub webpage (here) or for a list of restaurants available for local take out or delivery (here).

SBA Disaster Assistance for businesses and non-profits
Loans are available through the Small Business Administration to assist through the disaster recovery period. For more information and resources, including help with the loan, visit Douglas County Economic Development/Vitality webpage

Tahoe Prosperity Center
We want to make sure all our residents, workers, non-profit organizations and businesses find the resources they need in the tough times ahead. Click on this link to get the information you need right now. 


Eviction Press Release from Governor Sisolak
On March 29, 2020 Governor Sisolak, Attorney General Ford, State Treasurer Conine announced housing stability measures amid COVID-19 public health crisis. To read the press release click here.

SBA Disaster Assistance for businesses and non-profits
Loans are available through the Small Business Administration to assist through the disaster recovery period. For more information and resources, including help with the loan, visit Douglas County Economic Development/Vitality webpage

Nevadans may apply for welfare services through the Department of Health and Human Services Division of Welfare and Supportive Services which provides food assistance (SNAP and WIC) cash assistance (TANF), medical and child care assistance through Access Nevada. Automated voice instructions are provided in both English and Spanish.

Contact information: Northern Nevada Offices (775) 684-7200

To file an unemployment claim, visit Nevada's Unemployment Insurance website and file for "social distancing". Because of their high call volume, applicants are being asked to complete the unemployment process online.



Available Restaurants for Take Out and Delivery
Visit Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce 
website for a full list of restaurants available for take out or delivery (here). 

Store List with Special Hours
Visit the Partnership Douglas County website for a full list of stores that are offering special hours to seniors and/or vulnerable populations. 

Douglas County School District

Meals (breakfast and lunch) will be served to children 0-18 years old starting Wednesday, March 18 from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. at the following locations:

Aspire Academy High School

C.C. Meneley Elementary School
Carson Valley Middle School
Gardnerville Elementary School 
Jacks Valley Elementary School
Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School

Carson Valley Community Food Closet
They are open for regular service, but will be asking customers to remain in their cars while volunteers gather food. You don't have to be a current recipient to get food. In addition to their regular service, the Food Closet will be working with Backpack Buddies to provide their food bag of non-perishable food for seven meals over the weekend to families with school children.

Address: 1251 Waterloo Lane, Gardnerville 

FISH Ranchos Family Services
Has a food pantry available to anyone in need and has other supplies to grab as well. Diane can also help you get set-up with other services in Douglas County.

Address: 921 Mitch Drive, Gardnerville

Meals on Wheels
Will continue as usual with modified safety practices in place. Extended enrollment in that program is being encouraged for all of those that normally attend congregate dining or are otherwise concerned about having access to prepared food. Seniors wishing to receive this service are asked to contact the Senior Center at (775) 782-5500 ext. 1 to arrange drive up food pick up at the center or home delivery.

Drive up food delivery will be available at the Douglas County Senior Center, 1329 Waterloo Lane, Gardnerville, Monday-Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Meals of Wheels Delivery or Drive By pick up will consist of a package of 7 frozen meals with a suggested donation of $3 per meal.

Contact information: (775) 782-5500 ext. 1

Health Care

Barton Health

If you are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath Barton is offering a 24/7 COVID-19 Clinical Health Line. Call: (530) 600-1999

Carson Valley Medical Center 

CVMC has opened a screening clinic Monday-Friday 8am-5pm for patients concerned about their risk for COVID-19 and who meet the CDC criteria for testing. Visit for more information. You can also reach the COVID-19 Screening Clinic. Call: (775) 782-1508


Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, Carson Valley

Will be going live on Facebook several times over the next three weeks to provide youth in our community with live programming. Tune in! Find their Facebook here.

Douglas County Public Library
Patrons are encouraged to take advantage of the library's many electronic resources and downloadable content available through the library's website. Helpful education and community resources are also available on the library's website through the eLibrary. The library plans on providing fun, interactive content on Facebook, Twitter, and a new Instagram account, so please digitally join us! 

Go Outside 
All of Douglas County's parks are open for the public to enjoy. You can still practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from each other.

Grow Your Own, Nevada!
Learn the secrets of high desert gardening. University of Nevada, Reno Extensions is offering free online courses! Go to to view the schedule and register for the classes you want to attend online. 


Charter Communications (Spectrum) 

Charter won't terminate service for residential or small business customers who face difficult economic circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic. They won't charge late fees for those customers facing difficult economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
For more information, visit their website

Gardnerville Water
Gardnerville water will suspend disconnects for non-payments for customers directly impacted by COVID-19. They will also waive late fees for customers who experience financial hardships related to COVID-19 or are unable to pay due to self-isolation.
For more information, call: (775) 782-2339.

Southwest Gas
Southwest Gas has a flexible payment option in place to help customers experiencing financial hardships related to COVID-19. Their website and mobile app will give you the ability to manage your account from the comfort of your home without needing to visit their payment offices in person. 

NV Energy
NV Energy will suspend disconnects for non-payment for customers directly impacted by this crisis. They will also waive late fees and deposits for customers who experience financial hardships related to CVOID-19, or are unable to pay due to self-isolation. Please contact their customer care center at (775) 834-4444 to make alternative payment arrangements if you are directly impacted by the COVID-19 threat.

*This webpage is subject to change and will be updated as needed