Business Licenses & Permits

Business Licenses
Business licenses are not required in Douglas County, but a Fictitious Firm Name or other documents may be required. Please download a New Business Packet from the Clerk-Treasurer’s website.

Business Licenses - State of Nevada
Learn about Nevada's requirement for state business licenses.

Development Permits
Go to the Doing Business portal to guide you to a variety of development related permits.

Health Permit-Food Establishments
Visit Carson City-Douglas county Public Health Regional Partnership for food related permits.

Home Based Businesses
Permits are no longer required for home based businesses. However there are standards contained in Douglas County Code that require that home occupations not cause or create nuisances, limit the number of employees, and other provisions that limit the impact on neighborhoods. Contact Code Enforcement if you have questions.

Liquor Licenses
Visit the Sheriff's Office forms page to download application for an establishment or a temporary application.

Outdoor Festival Permits
Application forms are available and processed by the Clerk-Treasurer's Office.

Sign Permits
Learn what type of review and permit you need for a temporary or permanent sign,

0 of 1 people found this page helpful. Was this page helpful for you? Yes No